They don’t call it the City That Never Sleeps for nothing: New York is the country’s most vibrant urban hub, with hundreds of blocks, avenues, and stories of culture jam-packed into five boroughs. The City, as locals lovingly refer to it, is a global business hotbed countered by an ever-expanding arsenal of restaurants, theaters, nightlife clubs and shopping centers.
THINGS TO DO ON FRIDAY
- Walk across the Brooklyn bridge and spend some time at the Brooklyn bridge park
- Go see a show at the Comedy Cellar. www.comedycellar.com/
THINGS TO DO ON SATURDAY
- Spend the afternoon wandering around the Brooklyn Museum. www.brooklynmuseum.org
- See a live performance at Jazz at Lincoln Center and take in the amazing views over Central Park and Columbus. www.jazz.org/
THINGS TO DO ON SUNDAY
- Walk along the Hudson River Park. www.hudsonriverpark.org/
- Eat at the Burger Joint, hidden inside the upscale Le Parker Meridien hotel in midtown Manhattan. www.burgerjointny.com/
- Walk around the coddled streets of DUMBO and enjoy the amazing views of the Brooklyn and Manhattan bridges, from underneath.