What better to warm yourself up than with an oven baked potato. Today’s recipe is the perfect comforting meal to make for yourself when you need something quick for one. Either you live alone or your loved ones are busy, here is a quick, nutrient dense, hearty meal to try out when your by yourself!
What you’ll need:
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 avocado
- salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Poke multiple holes in your sweet potato.
- Bake for 45 minutes without any pan or dish holding it for optimal results. After 45 minutes, close the oven but let the potatoes in for another 15 minutes.
- While your potato bakes, sautée your garlic until brown and add the kale.
- Add 1/3 of a cup of water to steam the kale and cook it till it is soft. Around 15 minutes or so.
- Add the black beens and cook till warm, seasoning to taste.
- Take your sweet potatoes out and slice them down the middle. The sweet potato will be tender smooth and detached from the skin because baking.
- Add the cooked Kale, garlic and beans and mashed avocado. Feel free to add any toppings you’d like such as hot sauce maybe!
Awesome picture and inspiration by @Karalydon